Reopening July 13! (Keep reading.)
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.For phase 1 of reopening, you must make a reservation for a one-hour session. If you do not have a reservation and spots are full, you will not be allowed to enter the facility. You can make a reservation by calling (402) 486-2525. If you are more than 10 minutes late to your reservation time, your spot may be given to someone else. Reservations can be made for the day of and next day. Members are allowed only one one-hour reservation per day. We ask that members please respect their reservation times, and arrive and exit at the appropriate time to respect other’s reservations.
- Weight room
- Monday - Thursdays - 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Fridays - 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
- Monday - Thursdays - 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
- Lap Swim 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
- Open Swim 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
- Fridays - 10:00 am - 12:50 pm
- Lap Swim 10:00 pm - 12:50 pm
- No Open Swim
- Monday - Thursdays - 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
- Larson will be closed on Sundays
Please read the following procedures entirely before scheduling your visit.
- If you are not feeling well in any way or have experienced symptoms related to COVID-19 such as cough, shortness of breath, or fever please stay home.
- Grab your Larson Membership Card, a towel, water bottle, and any aquatic equipment you may need for your visit. (NOTE: water fountains and aquatic equipment will not be available at the facility.)
- Have on a mask or face covering. The Larson staff will be wearing masks, and we ask that you do as well. Masks will be required while in the fitness room. (NOTE: A mask is not required while swimming, but is required when on the pool deck to enter and exit the pool area into the main facility.)
- Make sure you have made a reservation for the time you wish to come and work out. If you do not have a reservation and we have spots available when you arrive you will be allowed to enter the facility, but if that hour session is booked, you will be asked to return at a different time.
- Outside of Larson Lifestyle Center, you will find a hand sanitizing station. We ask that you please use the hand sanitizer BEFORE entering the facility.
500 Internal Server Error
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
- Temperatures of 100.4 or above will not be allowed to continue inside the facility.
- You will be asked to scan your own card to ensure a limited contact entry. Larson Lifestyle Center front desk staff will not be keeping any of the membership cards or personal items at the front desk.
- You will need to not only scan your card when you enter but also check in with the front desk so they can confirm your reservation. When you leave, you will also need to check out with the front desk.
- We ask for patience during the check in process. There may be a short line as the front desk checks in members to ensure we are keeping our numbers current.
- Spaces in the facility will have different capacities in order to meet state and local social distancing measures. Please note various signage and equipment modifications. We ask that you please respect these new measures.
- If you are planning on using the gym, there will be tables outside with sectioned areas for patrons to place their personal belongings. While we do not recommend leaving personal belongings unattended, this will be available for you to use. Larson Lifestyle Center is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- If you are planning on using the pool, please place your personal belongings at least 6 feet away from others.
- The laps lanes in the pool will be redistributed to allow for maximum usage.
- Larson Lifestyle Center staff will be around often to clean equipment and the facility. We may ask that you relocate to a different machine or equipment area to allow for cleaning.
- Members will be expected to wipe down ALL touched areas of equipment that they use immediately after use.
- We ask that those who are not going to workout while at the facility do not enter. If you are waiting for someone, please remain outside or in your car. We want to keep the space available for those who wish to exercise.
- If you forget a towel, we have towels available for purchase for $5.
- Equipment located in the fitness rooms. Limit 10 people at a time in the weight and cardio area. Please maintain a six foot distance.
- Indoor pool. Limit 20 people in the pool area at a time. Please maintain a six foot distance from other patrons.
- Family Bathrooms. For the time being, these restrooms will be gender specific. While these restrooms will be open, we do ask if possible that you use these only for emergencies.
- Access to classroom, locker rooms and showers, hot tub, and water fountain
- Use of punch cards, guest visits and daily passes.
- Water aerobics classes
- All aquatic equipment (such as kickboards, noodles, paddles, buoys, water aerobic equipment)
- Balcony viewing area
- Facility rentals
- Swimming lessons
- Masks must be worn by staff and members. Members must provide their own mask. Masks will not be required in the water but will be once a member has exited the pool. If a member does not have a mask when they enter the facility, they will be asked to leave. Lifeguards will wear masks when social distancing is not possible or when interacting with patrons.
- We have increased the frequency of cleaning of common areas
- No use of locker rooms to decrease chance of exposure in common areas. Please come ready to workout and be prepared to shower at home.
- Touchless check-in. Larson Lifestyle Center staff will not be handling your membership card. They will allow you to scan your card yourself.
- Larson Lifestyle Center staff will not be holding any items at the front desk.
- Shields at the front desk
- All monetary transactions must be with a debit/credit card.
- Wipes will be available for patrons to wipe their debit/credit card down before handing it to the front desk attendant.
- Hourly cleaning in the pool
- Doors will be left open when possible to ensure limited contact.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be posted at the front of the facility, front desk, pool, and fitness room.
- Members must wipe down equipment after use in the weight room and cardio room. Wipes will be provided.
We are committed to doing everything we can to maintain a safe and healthy environment and we are relying on CDC and local health department guidelines. It is up to all of us to take responsibility in preventing the spread of COVID-19. Please play your part and remember some of these key points as you return to Larson Lifestyle Center.
- Stay home if you’re sick
- Make a reservation
- Bring a towel and water bottle
- Keep a six foot distance between you and other members and expect reduced capacity.
- Wipe down equipment after use
- Wash or sanitize your hands frequently.
We are so excited to see you all after our long separation! We know that you all are also very excited to get back and continue your health journey with us! While we are all very excited to be back together, please respect the health of others and remain 6 feet away to allow for social distancing. We want to make sure that we are providing the healthiest and safest environment we can for all of our members.
- Monthly auto pay will begin August 7 because July will be covered by a closure credit from March.
- Quarterly memberships will be extended by however many weeks were left on your membership as of the time of the shutdown.
- Annual Memberships will be extended by up to 17 weeks, depending on how much time was left on your membership.
- If you are not ready to return, we understand. We will allow for a one month freeze of no charge. Starting August 7, we will charge a $10 a month fee to freeze accounts. Please click here to fill out the membership freeze form, or email firstname.lastname@example.org to make those arrangements. Arrangements for the freeze must be made by July 1.
- We have already figured out when your new membership expiration date is, so when you come in we can let you know!
Membership Paperwork Updates
- When you come in for your first time back, please make sure you plan for a few minutes to sign some updated membership paperwork at the front desk. You can sign this paperwork on your way in, or on your way out